How to Connect AirPods to MacBook: AirPods are used to listen to music, use Siri, and handle phone calls when connected with the iPhone or MAC. So, let’s find out how to connect the AirPods to MacBook. Here we will explore two things.
- Connecting the AirPods to MacBook
- Troubleshoot the connection problem; if any
How to Connect AirPods to MacBook
There may be Two conditions of connecting your AirPods with the Mac.
➡️ One: If AirPods are already connected with your iPhone.
Then you can connect them directly with your MAC in these two Steps (your Mac must support Handoff and you must be signed in to iCloud using the same Apple ID): 👇
- Open the AirPods case
- Click the Bluetooth menu or Volume control button in the Menu Bar of the Mac. then choose AirPods.
➡️ Two: If AirPods are not connected with your iPhone, then you have to connect them directly with your Mac by following these steps: 👇
- Open the lid with your AirPods in their case.
- Press and hold the setup button on the backside of the case until the status light flashes to white in AirPods.
- In the Mac, choose Apple Menu > System Preference > Bluetooth.
- Select AirPods in the Device List.
- If Your AirPods Support it, click Enable to be able to say “Hey Siri” to start using Siri with your AirPods.
- Connected. 👍
➡️ Note 1: To use Siri or handle phone calls, double-tap one of the AirPods (you only have to be wearing one)
➡️ Note 2: If your AirPods support it, say “Hey Siri.” If Siri doesn’t respond, open Siri preferences and make sure Listen for “Hey Siri” on AirPods is turned on
Troubleshooting the AirPods Connection Problem with Mac
If you’re using AirPods of 2nd generation, then make sure that your Mac has macOS 10.14.4 or later. If you’re using AirPods 1st generation, then make sure that your Mac is using macOS Sierra or later, AirPods Pro requires macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.
➡️ Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. If your AirPods appear in the list of devices (Check below if don’t appear) but they don’t connect, remove your AirPods from the list:
- Select your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Remove by Clicking the X to the right of your AirPods.
Add your AirPods to the device list in Bluetooth preferences again:
- Place both AirPods in the charging case.
- Open the lid of your charging case near your Mac.
- In the device list, select your Airpods and click Connect.
➡️ If AirPods don’t appear in the devices list
- On your Mac, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu (), then click Bluetooth
- Make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
- Select your AirPods in the Devices list, then click Connect.
Note: If sound still plays from your Mac speakers, click either the Bluetooth menu or the volume control in the menu bar and make sure that your AirPods are selected as the output device
Contact Apple for More Details